Dec 12, 2008

Catch up

The mayhem is subsiding. I think I have all the syllabuses written and all the paperwork up to date, so that pressure is gone. I know I have corrected all the exams and the only classes I have left this year are on the next two Mondays and Christmas Eve, which brings me to my first picture.

The committee that runs our condo started putting up a Christmas tree, even though there are no Christians here, at least none that I know of. The kids love it. The think that it is very pretty and I have heard them telling their mothers how fantastic it is.

Christmas decorations are also up downtown. The next picture is Clis Road (I have no idea where the name came from, but it is a good research project for the future), part of a large T-shaped, covered shopping mall in the center of Sendai.

Changing the subject, the following two pictures show the main gates into two different Buddhist temples. Next year after I get back from my Henro pilgrimage, I am thinking of visiting, photographing, and sketching every temple and shrine in the area. There are hundreds of them so it will give me a reason to keep walking.


No comments: