Feb 9, 2011

A trip into town 09

 Just passed the large rectangular sculpture is this nude. I do not think that it is very good and I do think that it is appropriate to have it under the trees where it is a bit hard to see because of the shade.
 This is something that you will not see in most countries. These two men are carrying bags of money, which they just picked up somewhere. They are completely unarmed, except for  extendable batons and one of them has his stuck in his belt. Considering the surrounding area, they will have to walk a few hundred meters before they get to anyplace where they might have parked a car. They are unlikely to be using an armored vehicle of any sort.
 This is the ward office for the downtown area. Actually the ward extends all the way up into the mountains but almost no one lives there. When I first moved to Sendai, I had to register at this office. Now I live in a different ward so I go to the office near Izumi Station. Actually I do not have to go often, only to renew the ID card that shows my immigration status and that I must have with me at all times.
This is the city office. I have never been inside. All of my business with the government takes place through the ward office or the immigration office.

No comments: