Oct 26, 2013

Random stuff

 This was the way the parking lot across the street looked during typhoon number 26. So far we have been lucky in Fukuoka, not too much rain and very little wind from all the typhoons. This year there has been almost twice as many as in an average year.
 I was at Hakataminami Station, wandering around on the upper deck, and discovered this sculpture of in a corner behind a roofed sitting area.
On the first and third Fridays of each month, I take a two and a half hour art class. Most of the people are working in oils or watercolors but I am trying to master graphite (pencil). The classroom has four or five still lifes and you pick the one you want to work on. While I do not  think I am good, I am gradually getting better and developing an understanding of what can be done and what can't.

No comments: