Jul 15, 2014

A truck farm

 The area for about a half mile south of my apartment has a very mixed land use. As you can see in this picture there is a truck farm in an open field. Then beyond it is a parking lot of about the same size. Then in the distance there are large apartment buildings. At this point we are about a 10-minute walk from the train station. Nakagawa town is divided into two parts and the east-west dividing line is about a mile (1.5 km) south of my apartment. On the north side tall apartment buildings are permitted, but on the south side all structures are limited to three stories. The southern part of town has more rice paddies and feels much more like the countryside. I might like living there except that transportation is by infrequent buses and there are no local supermarkets. We don't have a car and in any case I don't have a license so our present local is perfect.
As I was standing there, I saw a large commercial airliner preparing to land at the Fukuoka airport. You can see how low it is flying because of the cloud cover. The plane is just about the right side of the center building.

No comments: