Dec 3, 2014

A new bridge in the making

 I've shown this place a number of times, starting when they first started building the abutments on the river banks. Now, they have actually started putting in the bridge itself. There is a long stretch of the river with no way of getting across so this is going to be very useful. However, there are no access roads. All the roads in this area, on both sides of the river, are like mazes. It appears that they are going to build at least some at short access road on this side. The next time I walk to this area, I will look around a bit and see if I can determine what they will do.
This is what will probably be the last structure that is actually part of the bridge. As the road moves to the left, I think they will bring in additional dirt and make a solid foundation.

No comments: