Nov 13, 2008

Outlet Mall

This is part of a new Outlet Mall that open about 6 km west of my apartment. In the part that you can see there are six separate buildings, linked by walkways, which house a large number of well know stores, mostly fashion related. Out of the picture on the left is a single large building containing many stores, including an imported food store and lots of restaurants. The whole place is crowded but I am not sure how much money people are spending. The economy is really bad and shows no signs of improving.
This is another view from farther down the road. The tallest towers in the background are the Royal Park Hotel, which was ranked as the 60th best hotel in Japan by President magazine. We like to go there for dinner; the Chinese, European, Japanese, and Teppanyaki restaurants are all excellent.
A kiost selling slippers
I was quite surprised to find a Brooks Brothers outlet. I now longer have to dress up for work. When I was a university professor, I frequently wore a suit or at least a jacket. But now that I am retired, I seldom wear a jacket and usually settle for a sweater. I have not worn a necktie in years.

No comments: