May 12, 2009

Day 3 - Even more of it

This is a better view of the remains of the old hall at Temple #14. Ian wanted to stand in front of it and chant the Heart Sutra, but for some reason I did not like the idea. Now I kind of wish that we had done it; again I am not sure why.
This is the current main hall. The double roof is interesting and it was ancient looking. They probably built it just after the other building burned down.

This is the bell tower. I am doing a picture of it and will post it sometime in the next few days.
This view shows both the main hall and the bell tower. When I took the picture, I was standing just inside the gate. The whole place had an aura of age and history. I preferred it to the newer temples that catered to the tourist aspect of the pilgrimage, for example Temple #7.
This is a view of the main building as we were leaving to go to Temple #13. At this point we were really hungry but still had a long way to go.

No comments: