May 27, 2009

Day 4 - still going up

At one point the trail flattened out and we discovered this charming little statue at a fork in the path. Our trail passed on the left. The trail to the right apparently went down the mountain and back out into the built up area in the valley.
This is a close up of the statue. I thought that his face was particularly pleasing.
This artificial cave contained a small statue of a Buddha. Notice that even though we are deep in the mountains, someone has placed fresh branches and offerings on the flat area in front of the opening.
Looking back down a stairway at Ian. I tended to walk in front because I was much slower than Ian. By me being in advance, Ian was slowed down to my pace and we stayed together.
As we came down some stairs on a very steep slope, we discovered a small house below us.

No comments: