Mar 12, 2013

Pictures

 This a side view of the gate that was in front of the house they tore down, the one with the outhouse behind it. I never realized how damaged the gate was until I could see it from the side. Too bad I won't be around to see what they do to it.
 Here a crew is repaving a section of the road. The heavy traffic on this road had caused a number of holes in the pavement.
We are still packing. This is the current state of our living room. Everyday there are are more and more boxes being added to the pile. Yesterday some friends came with their cars and carried away all of the sodaigomi, large sized trash, that costs extra money to discard. However, it you take to the dump yourself, they only charge 1,000 yen per car load.  We managed to get rid of everything in two cars. Actually we are getting very close to having everything done. Right now my wife is in the other room boxing our clothing. After that there is very little to do. I teach my last classes on Friday and then take my last art class on Saturday. Also on Saturday the movers are coming to take away my private library which I have donated to the new International Center at Miyagi University, the school where I taught for many years.

No comments: