Mar 9, 2013

 A while back I showed the house with the traditional style gate, or I should say I showed the empty lot where it had been. Today I noticed two small traditional style Japanese buildings at the back of the lot. The shorter brownish one appears to be an outhouse. Older houses had the toilet separated from the living area, often in a small building toward the back. I am not sure what the second yellowish building is but it may be a small storehouse for the family valuables. I would have to get closer and maybe even enter it to be sure.
On Suisen Dori, a long empty lot is all of a sudden sprouting a building. I can't tell what it is going to be but the far left corner is curved on the first floor, which probably means it is not going to be a home. This section of the Suisen Dori has an increasing number of medical facilities so this may be another.

No comments: