Feb 10, 2015

Still at the Minakanushi Shrine

 According to the writing on the frame, this is a picture of the god of the shrine. I can see his name but I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce it.
I looked around the small grounds and found this very nice stone bowl for purifying yourself before praying. This must be a popular shrine, even though small and local. The white object is a towel for drying your hands after washing them. Most small shrines, those that are not particularly overwhelmed with visitors, do not have such things. You tend to see them only at the larger, more popular shrines.

Note: I know that I wrote that I would show pictures of the Go Tournament that I participated in, but I decided that I should finish the pictures of Minakanushi Shrine before changing to the tournament.

No comments: