Jul 25, 2008

Tomone and my morning walk

Tomone and her grandfather, just after she had taken a bath and been fed. She is very well-behaved and only cries when something is wrong. She is becoming very active and this morning was able to spin around in her bed. She is also able to crawl up to your shoulder if you hold her chest to chest. Please notice the family resemblance - we are both almost bald.

Seriously in spite of having three Japanese grandparents, a Japanese father and a half Japanese mother, Tomone's skin is very light, pink rather than the darkish yellow of most Japanese babies.

This morning I walked for 10 km before breakfast. When I left the house, there was a light rain. After about an hour, the heavens opened and clouds started crying heavily. As I walked down a hill trying to find shallow spots in the inch or more of water flooding the street, I looked up and think that I saw Noah and his Ark float by.

No comments: