Nov 15, 2010

Near my home 04


Standing at my bus stop, I can see this sushi restaurant with its large parking lot behind me.Across the street is the shopping complex. The main store is Seiyu (you can see the name on the tower in the center of the picture), a supermarket and department store chain. This one is not very good. The store layout is terrible so they do not get very many customers. This has meant that the small independent stores have been closing one after another, which further reduces the number of customers.
Looking back along the route that I followed to get here, you can see the constructions site on the corner. Yesterday my wife and I had lunch at a Chinese restaurant just a bit past the site and as we walked by we discovered a sign that indicates what will be on the lot. It is not going to be an apartment building. It is going to be a 7-11. This will be a really convenient convenience store.
This poster is on a tree next to the bus stop. It says that on Oct 17 someone on a motorcycle hit a pedestrian and then rode off without identifying themself. The sign was put up by the police and they are asking anyone with any information to please report it.

No comments: