Jan 10, 2012

On the way to Miyagi Gakuin University

 This is the driving school at the other end of the bridge. Just after the quakes I showed workers replacing part of the front of the driving school building, a part that had fallen to the grown. Now it appears that they are starting to tear down the whole thing. I mentioned this to my wife and she said that one of the neighbors, who attends the school, had said that the building had been badly damage and had not been being used, condemned by the city.
 As I was entering the campus, I notice some police around a car. There had been an accident and four police officers were looking at the damage. The other car was parked off to the left, where another officer was with the other driver.
 Once in side the school, I stopped here, at this desk in the hall. Scattered around the school there are desks with plastic bottles of alcohol. As you go by, you can squirt a little on your hands and rub it around as protection against the flu and colds. Most schools and many public buildings have provided this service for the past few years.
On my return home, the river was quite pretty, although it as very misty.

No comments: