Oct 16, 2008

Fall cold

It has gotten colder but the weather is beautiful - clear blue skies and temperatures in the 60s. However, with the coming of the cold, the colds come. It started with Naomi, who is now the weakest in the family. Then everyone, including Tomone, have gotten the fall cold. The symptoms are not bad but we all have fevers and no energy. It is sort of like a fall spring fever.

As a consequence, I am not doing much. Luckily this week was one with few classes. Monday was a holiday and my evening class tonight has been canceled for some kind of student body meeting.

Tomorrow, Friday, I will take a physical, required by the government as part of my old-age health insurance. Actually it is a good deal. Normally every six months, I have a good check up by our family doctor and I have to pay for it. This will replace on of those and the local government pays.

On Saturday, I have art class and have to take down my pictures and bring them home. I am getting a fairly large collection of framed pictures. I am not giving away as many as in the past. As I have said, I hope to start trying to sell them next year, probably beginning with a one-man show somewhere.

No comments: