Jan 14, 2009

My latest drawing

This postcard sized brown ink drawing was done from a photo of the Swiss Alps that my art teacher took during a recent trip.

I am also working on two other pictures. One is a large picture of the ropes on a sailing ship that I boarded in Yokohama last year. I am using a very fine tipped pen and will do some of the background and the shadows in graphite after I finish the inking. I will post a picture of my progress on it soon. The other is a picture of the waves in the open sea. I am using very fine tipped colored pens. The variety of colors is very limited but that just becomes a challenge.

Yesterday a watched an art program on TV. The highlighted artist used brushes and black ink, which he diluted to get various shades. I liked it very much an think that I will experiment with the method in the near future. Probably in my art class where I can get help and suggestions from my teacher.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Ohenro sama,

I quite like your drawing. I've been seeing it becasue the cliff on the left side seems to show me something different like a trick art. Your work is amazing and gives me a pleasure.

Mizuki