Jan 27, 2015

My Saturday Go Club

 We meet on the second floor of the Kominkan that I showed yesterday. The stairs to the second floor are typical of many Japanese buildings, very steep and very narrow. This picture shows that only about two thirds of my foot is able to touch the stair, the rest just hangs off into space. Even the Japanese complain about stairs like this. Any new building will have less steep and broader stairs. When buildings are remodeled one of the main projects is to replace the old stairs.
This is my Go Club. We have between six and ten people show up each Saturday. We can not have many more because we do not have stones and boards for more than six simultaneous games. The man standing at the back is the strongest player in the Club and he is the teacher for my Friday afternoon Go lessons.

No comments: