Aug 20, 2011

Alolng the river

 Vertical gardening is becoming very popular in Japan. Here mini tomatoes are being grown on poles that are taller than I am. They say that the vegetables grow better when vertical. It certainly make sense in Japan where open land is rare.
 They have cut down all the tall plants that had lined the levee-top walkway. I think this is in preparation for the local festival.
 This small apartment building is finally being repaired. Since the quake some of the apartments have been empty but about half of them have had occupants.
 A mysterious pile of something, covered with the usual blue tarp.
 From the bridge it was possible to see that the river had turned brown. There must be some construction going on up stream. I am glad that I am not a fish.
At the end of the levee-top walkway there is a very nice little garden. As I have said, with a little paperwork it is possible to get permission to have a flower garden on public property.

No comments: