Aug 6, 2011

Still walking along Nanakita River

 The paved path that I was walking on all of a sudden ended. Or rather, the path did not end it was somewhere under all the vegetation. Anyway, I gave up and turned around to walk back toward home.
 Growing among the weeds, I found an escapee from someone's garden.
 This is a little branch stream that enters the Nanakita River from the south. I do not think that I have ever notice this much water in it. Usually it is only a meter or so wide and centimeters deep.
 Here you can see that the concrete facing is still sliding into the river. The space between the walkway and the facing has grown substantially since the last time I was here.
 This is some sort of marker showing where the next neighborhood to mine ends. It is new and I have no idea why it is here. The writing on the post clearly indicates that it is a boundary marker but why one is needed is beyond me.
The marker is at the edge of the drainage ditch where the underground system flows into the river. The stairs leading to my building are just to the right.

No comments: