Jun 17, 2012

Kamo Jinja

 I finally reach the main goal of my walk, Kamo Jinja. I have passed here in a car many times, but this will be my first visit to the grounds. The red torii is almost at the road and is very impressive.

 Walking through the torii and down a straight path, I came to this flight of stairs.

 At the top of the stairs there is a pair of guardian lions, both of which are quite worn.

 At the top of the stairs, I found another path leading to another torii. I could see buildings behind the torii.

 Up close I could see the main shrine straight ahead and an administrative building to the right.

On my left was a place to wash your hands, purifying yourself before entering the grounds proper and a place for leaving little pieces of wood with your wishes written on the.

No comments: