Jun 14, 2012

Leaving Doro Jinja

 There was not much to see at Doro Jinja so I soon left.
 However, just a few meters away I found this statue, which I think represents the Amida Buddha and a large number of stelae. Most of the stelae had bas-relief carvings of various Buddhas and Bodhisattvas but a few had characters but they were worn enough that I could not read them.
 It made a small but impressive sight.
 A bit further down the road I found this little shrine hiding under a blue roof. It was inside a wall and on private property so I could not go in to see what it actually was. Note that there are three little model shrines under the roof on this side, the back of the main shrine.
 On the other side of the road there was a construction site where they were beginning a new building. Considering the size of the beams, it won't be much taller and will probably be a warehouse of some kind.
The road I was walking on came to an intersection, where I turned off to the right to find a bridge over the Nanakita River. Beside the intersection there was a huge, by Japanese standards, house.

No comments: