Jun 16, 2012

Still walking

 I was walking through an area with rice paddies on my right and woods on the left. I was looking for a road to the left that would lead me to a bridge over the river so that I could continue to the west. This overground structure was used for storing bamboo poles that are used in farming. Often rice paddies are allowed to lie fallow for a year and, during that time, other crops are often grown in them. The bamboo poles support some crops, like beans, and they are also used to make a frame work for gauze that protects the plants from direct sunlight, which can be very strong in mid summer.
 I found a road to the left and eventually arrived at this bridge, passable only by pedestrians and bicycles.
 The other side of the river was more built up. There were more roads leading into the area. However, it was still farm land with rice paddies and fields for other crops.
 The house were quite nice but there were many sheds that looked like this, old and decrepit.
 This driveway was so steep that it had to have stairs built into it.
On a hill I saw a graveyard but there was no temple associated with it so I kept walking, rather than climbing up to it.

No comments: