Aug 16, 2008

More Tomone


Tomone has reached the stage where she is fascinated by rotating objects. Her toy, in the top left of the picture, has Winnie the Poo characters and objects that hang beneath parachute-like green blobs. It all comes apart so that later, when she has developed some eye/hand coordination, she can use them as toys.

At present she is also fascinated by picture frames and other sharply defined straight lines. She stares at them with a concentration that I did not realize was available to babies.

I might add that her crib is in the living/dining room, so that she does not bother the rest of us at night. Most nights Masayo stays with Tomone until about 4 a.m. I wake her up, sort of, so that she can move from the sofa to the bedroom. I spend the next hour or two in my computer room and wake up Naomi when Tomone decides it is time for a diaper change and breakfast.

No comments: