Aug 24, 2008

New Ice Age

Mid-October - that is when we normally have temperatures like this. At night is gets down into the upper teens (below 60 degrees F). We are also being blessed with almost continuous rain. I have been going out for muscle building walks every other morning but carrying an umbrella. There has been nothing interesting to photograph or to talk about.

After returning from my walks, I have spent the rest of the days playing with Tomone, watching the Olympics on TV, and studying Buddhism. I had planned to do a lot of drawing but it is so dark and dreary that I just can not get into the mood. I have a class on Saturday morning so maybe that will strike a spark.

Next Sunday I will be giving a presentation for the local teachers' organization on the history of language teaching in Japan. I will have to spend a lot of time during the coming week on preparation for that.

Normally I would be walking with Ian at this time, but he is not feeling well and it is raining, so I will wait and go out alone tomorrow.

No comments: