Jun 11, 2009

Day 4 - some miscellaneous pictures

At the end of the large file of pictures of day 4, I found a few pictures that have completely different numbers on them. I am not sure why the numbers are different, but rather than spending the time to figure it out, I am just going to post them here. This week I have extra classes on Saturday and have to give a test and prepare another to give on Monday, so I do not want to spend the time comparing pictures. My apologies if you have already seen these.
The above picture shows the mountains in the area near Temple #12.

This picture is a bit fuzzy because of rain water on the lens, but it shows the signs that we found along the trail. There were signs like this every few hundred meters and just after any place where the trail divided.
This is Ian coming up a stairway behind me. I almost always set the pace because Ian was a lot stronger than me. By me being first, we stayed together and I did not get worn out (any more than necessary).
Ian again on another part of the trail.
Another view of the steep stairs down to the rest area between the high point and Temple #12.
This is the statue of Kobo Daishi (Kukai before his death) that marks the high point on the route between Temple #11 and #12. The tree behind the statue is the namesake of this place - the one sugi tree or Ipponsugi.

No comments: