Jun 25, 2009

The grandkids

These pictures are basically for my family members who are following the blog. It's baby pictures so if you do not continue, I will understand - all babies look alike, I know.

This is Tsubasa Sato, my second grandchild and my first grandson.

He is quite small because he was born at 8 months, but he is almost exactly the same size as my daughters (who were born at the regular 9 months)

Tsubasa is only a day or two old in these pictures. I am not sure because his father took them and then sent them to me by email.
He is in a hospital that specializes in premature babies, so he is getting excellent care. Kyoko, his mother, is now out of the hospital her self and living at home again. She goes to Tsubasa's hospital at specified times to feed him and get hands-on instruction in baby care.
This last picture was taken last week. It is me and Tomo-chan (Tomone Yatsu), my first grandchild. She had not seen me for six months and had more or less forgotten me and at first she was afraid of my beard, but we gradually made friends. By the time she left, she was copying things that I do. For example, walking around with my hands behind my back, a habit I picked up in the classroom.

No comments: