Jul 7, 2009

Day 6 - on to the end

Another picture of Ian and I. On the right another Ohenro-san is washing his hands in preparation for going up to the main hall and on the left there is a statue of Kobo Daishi.
This is temple #19, I think. I do not have time to check my records. This is the end of the semester and I am writing and grading exams. As soon as they are over I will spend a little more time on this and get it all straightened out.
Every temple has a shop of like the one on the right. They sell souvenirs, knick-knacks, and stuff that the Ohenro-san needs.
This is a very nice pagoda. I am sure that, if I had had more time to search around, I could have found a better angle to shot from, one without the other buildings crowding in.
This was our room for the night. Ian is getting his stuff organized so that we can get an early start in the morning - early meaning as soon after breakfast as we can.

No comments: