Jul 16, 2009

Day 7 - continuing

As you can see from Ian's face, this was a really tough day. We were on the road for a full eleven hours and climbed two high mountains since temples #21 and #22 were on different mountain tops. One of the unsolved problems of my photo-taking was that I was unable to find angles that showed the true steepness of the roads and trails. Although this was paved, each step was a struggle and I had to stop and rest about every 50 meters.
It was tough going but the rustic scenery was quite nice, when I had the energy to look at it.
About half way up the mountain trail to Temple #21 we found a nice little shrine. If we had had the time, I would have liked to make a drawing at this spot - probably from a different angle but here.
This is looking back down the trail. The steepness shows a bit here but the photo does not do justice to the real thing.
As the dirt trail got steeper, there were steps made by placing logs across the trail. I do not remember which these were, and I can't tell for sure from the photo, but in some places the logs were real and in others they were made from concrete.

No comments: