May 19, 2008

A Sunday hike

Yesterday I went by train with Ian and his friends, Mr and Mrs Sato, to a town about 20 km south of Sendai. We met at Sendai station and while waiting I composed the following fib:
Bright
Dawn
Walks in
Another
Long day of hiking
Returning from a short train ride
When we arrived at the assembly point, we found that there were at total of 58 people starting on the walk. About a third were a group who had spend close to three weeks walking from Tokyo. Yesterday was the last day of their trip. I tried to take photos of the group during the opening speeches. The Japanese start every event with numerous dignitaries blabbering on and on, giving little more than information that everybody knows already. The funny part is that I have become so used to it that I miss it when it does not happen, even though I am bored to death listening to the actual speeches.

As I said, I tried (which implies I could not) to take photos but I was using my new cell phone and, while learning how to use it, I made some setting that I could not get undone, so no photos. This morning with the help of the manual I got it so that it works correctly again. Tomorrow, Ian and I will go out for our regular Tuesday walk, so I will take a picture and post it.

Near the end of the walk, I wrote another fib.

Legs
Ache
Feet hurt
20 K
Walk with 50 souls
Simply for the pleasure of it

No comments: