May 6, 2008

Tuesday morning walk

Ian and I took our regular Tuesday morning walk - about 10 kms through Shinrin Koen (Park) along a three km loop that has some pretty steep ups and downs.

At present my training schedule is the following:
- Monday - three hours of pacing in the classroom
- Tuesday - 10 kms in the morning with Ian and then three hours of pacing in the classroom followed by a 25 minute walk home.
- Wednesday - 90 minutes of pacing in class and then a 6 kms walk home
- Thursday - 90 minutes of pacing and a 6 kms walk home then 1 km to the subway and another km to school with 90 minutes of pacing and then a 10 km walk home.
- Friday - at present it varies but next month I will start walking 8 kms to go to a go club and then after an afternoon of playing an 8 km walk home.
- Saturday - Ian and I walk together: a different place each week but we try to make it difficult and long (at least 12 kms).
- Sunday - is a day of rest and a time to do the New York Times crossword puzzle.

You might note the pants I am wearing in the picture. They were altered after I started losing weight and now are much too big for me, but they are very comfortable as walking or lounging clothes. Also you can see that I have removed my beard. I wore it for almost 25 years, and will probably not shave during the pilgrimage, so next year I may have it back again. It depends on how I feel.

No comments: