Sep 28, 2008

Appology

I have not posted anything for a while because I have been very busy. My wife was sick for a couple of days and that upset the schedule for taking care of my granddaughter. Also I have started classes and have had to spend time preparing classes for the week as well as organizing the whole semester. Additionally two of my universities have started organizing schedules for the next academic year (beginning in April) and I have had to communicate with them to insure that the classes do not conflict. Both of the universities, by the way, asked me to teach additional classes. I accepted at one and turned the other down.

Tomone is getting bigger every day. It is really interesting watching her learn new things. Yesterday for the first time that we have noticed, she was trying to coordinate her hands and eyes. Also she is practicing 'talking' and making all sorts of loud noise as she looks at something. Oh, yes, she has almost learned to turn over. She gets all the way over but ends up with one hand trapped under her body. I figure that within a few days of learning how to deal with that hand she will be crawling.

In just a few minutes I will be leaving for a 20 km walk with Ian and then this afternoon I will be the MC at a meeting of Sendai JALT (the Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association of Language Teachers). Following the meeting, we will probably go out for supper and a few drinks. I hope to walk home (about 8 km) and get a good workout today. Tomorrow will be my last free Monday for a while as classes start at Tohoku U on October 6.

No comments: