Sep 22, 2008

More rain

A typhoon passed just to the south of us, giving us a good drenching that we did not really need. After typhoons blow past, we normally have a day or two of beautiful weather, but this time the typhoon rains were followed by more rain. Yesterday when I went out for my walk, it was still raining.


This is the Izumi Dome, used mainly for high school sports. Seating is limited to a couple of thousand, so it is used for sports that are only important to the athletes themselves.

I took the pictures from the top of the bridge that I have discussed previously. It was raining hard, so I held the camera in one hand and my umbrella in the other - quite a balancing act.

On the way home, I passed the intersection of a current back road with the old foot highway and found that someone had decorated the stele with fresh flowers.

You can find this sort of thing throughout Japan - little stone statues or memorials, often related to a fatal accident, where someone comes and places flowers and other offerings.

No comments: