Sep 30, 2008

On Sunday I ended up walking a total of 29 kilometers, the most yet and the level that I will need on the Henro Pilgrimage. Yesterday, Monday, I rested all day and recovered from a bit of a hangover. The reason for drinking was that I MCed a meeting of the local language teacher's association and gave a short presentation myself. After the meeting, 14 of us went to an izakaya, a Japanese style drinking and eating establishment. We ate and drank and had a wonderful time, but I drank a decanter of wine and felt it yesterday morning.

The weather has finally changed a bit. We are having more sunny days and less clouds and rain. This is the sun shining on the buildings of the police station (special police force) that is across the street from our condo.







This is a nearby park (my condo is about 2 kilometers behind the big building). The people are college students having a cookout, a big fling before the new semester gets started in earnest.

No comments: