Sep 21, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

I have been really busy and tired for the last couple of weeks. I have been averaging close to 10 km a day of walking, much of it on hills and strenuous enough that I am constantly tired. Also school has started and I have the stress of getting organized for the semester. At least the classes so far are with the same students that I had during the first semester. I won't have any new students until October 1st, which makes things a little easier. Finally Tomone is still running our lives.

Actually Tomone is a very happy, easy to take care of child. She smiles easily and frequently, only cries when something is seriously wrong, and is developing patience. We can now tell her that we are making her milk and she will stop fussing and wait patiently until it comes. She also has apparently decided that, when she leaves the house, she has to be on her best behavior, so Naomi is taking her shopping and for walks. Tomone seems fascinated by all the sights and sounds.

I have drawn a couple of new pictures, using ink and pencil with a little watercolor on one of them. Starting on October 4 my art class will have a two week exhibit in the culture center where we have classes. All the other students will have one or two pictures hung, but the teacher has selected five of mine to be in it. Yesterday I started a new picture - piles of rope in a shipyard. When finished it will more or less be a still life since I have included on the various ropes and not the shipyard or the dock.

This morning, as soon as I post this, I am going for a 10 km walk and after I get back Masayo has promised to make pancakes.

No comments: