Nov 14, 2010

Near my home 03


Continuing up the street, I passed a new construction site. There used to be a two story building on this corner. It contained a motorcycle shop, a dry cleaners, and various other stores, none of which lasted very long. I am still not sure what is being built here, but I would bet a good deal of money that it will be an apartment building.
On reaching the main street, I turned right and passed this building. It has been empty for months. There was a store called Workman, that sold clothing for workers, but it went out of business less than a year after it opened. Before that there were stores here but they changed every year.
The next picture shows the beginning of the shopping center. Our apartment is next to it but around the side. This store has large sized men's and women's clothing. It is a shame that it was not here back when I was big enough to need special sized clothes. Now I am a regular Japanese large so I can get clothing anywhere. I still have problems with shoes, though. The last pair I bought were about a size 9 but wide. The width was called G, which is equal to EEEEE.
I reached my bus stop which was marked in the standard way. The round part at the top tells the name of the stop and the bus company (there are two) and the rectangular part has the schedule. The bus I take goes to the entrance to Tohoku Gakuen University. There are two minor problems, however. The first is that the only bus leaves here at 12:29 and arrives at the university in less than 15 minutes. The problem is that my classes do not start until 2:40. I usually spend the time in the teachers' lounge reading, listening to my iPod, and sometimes preparing tests.

No comments: