Nov 29, 2010

Near my home 13


After you cross the new bridge there are two ways to go. I went up the embankment, but I could have gone along the edge of the water on a narrow concrete path, which does not show in this picture. Once I was on the road along the top of the levee, I looking left I could see a large area containing multiple tennis courts. Apparently they are public and people and clubs can sign up somewhere to use them.
A little further on the tennis courts end but there is a baseball field. Again it seems to be public and as will all public things in Japan you have to sign up but I do not know the details.
This is the dirt road along the top of the level. The big white building in the background is the soccer stadium where Vegalta, the Sendai pro team has their home games. I will be going to the last game of the season on Dec 4. It is still mathematically possible for them to be demoted back into the second level. I will probably post some pictures of that last game.

No comments: