Nov 8, 2010

Trip to Osaka 11


This is the Shinkansen platform. There are almost no people because this train was just leaving and the next train, mine, was not for another 15 minutes or so.My seat was at the far end of the train so I started walking down the platform and discovered the crew of mine train waiting for it to arrive. When it arrived there were no passengers on it so it must have come from the storage area. I did not notice the skeleton crew get off or this crew get on, because they allowed us on the train as soon as it arrived. I was able to take my seat almost 15 minutes before departure time. This is highly unusual because, even if the train is empty on arrival, they usually make the passengers stand of the platform until just a few minutes before the train is scheduled to leave.
This is my car as seen from my seat. Recently they have added something new. They now have an electrical outlet so you can plug in a computer and work at your seat. There is no wireless connection, so the Internet is out, but many of the passengers are business men and women who use the time to work on reports.


No comments: