Jan 25, 2011

A new walk around the neighborhood 05

This is near Yaotome Station. I walked under the tracks and then about a hundred meters. The pave road turned into this dirt road. I had no idea where it went, so I continued onward.
Actually the road ended just about where it disappears in the above picture. As I turned around and started back, I took this picture that shows how near the subway tracks (above ground here) are to this undeveloped bank of a small river.
Back almost to the tracks, I noticed this house with a pine tree. You can just see it where it rises from behind the center blocks in the wall and then goes off to the left. Japanese people like this kind of tree that has been trained to go in an unnatural direction parallel to the ground. I have seen some very old ones that go for many meters and need to have supports to keep them from falling over.
This house on the other side of the river has a yard that is surrounded by trees. It looked like there was a small lawn and maybe an even smaller garden. The rest of the area over there was filled with buildings and roads - no trees, no plants, just man-made structures.

No comments: