Jan 8, 2011

A walk around the neighborhood 02


Scattered around Sendai are a few Christian churches. This is one of them. It is back from the road so I have never gotten close enough to see what denomination it is but I am pretty sure that it is related to some sort of Protestant group. The Catholic churches are usually well marked.

This was an interesting store. Notice the fenced in space on the left. I wondered what it was and discovered that it is a dog run. The store is a coffee shop / dog shop. It have various services for pet dogs and, while the dog is being served, the owner can have coffee.
This is an Indian restaurant. I have eaten there a couple of times and the food is quite good. The cooks are all Indians.
This is next door to the Indian restaurant and it is a 'soba' shop. Soba means buckwheat and usually refers to noodles made from buckwheat flour. Because of the popularity of soba, restaurants frequently have some sort of specialty to set them apart. This particular restaurant says that it use vegetables from specific farms and has vegetarian meals, if you want them. I have never eaten here but I think that some day I would like to try their steamed vegetables and soba lunch.

No comments: