Jun 9, 2013

More near my apartment

 This is a newly completed center for kids. I am not sure exactly what it is but maybe it is what is called a hoikuen, a school for kids too young for kindergarten but whose parents work. Normally you can leave your kids there all day, dropping them off on your way to work and picking them up again on your way home. The kids have various activities including classes, playtime, meals, etc.
 The door in the middle of the first floor leads to the curry shop that we like. My barber is on the second floor and my dentist is at the left end of the building. The station is directly in front of the building.
I have mentioned a number of times that there are three supermarkets near my apartment. Sunny is the cheapest, Coop is in the middle and Halloday is at the high end. Halloday has very good vegetables but all of the prices are a bit higher that at the other two. As I said, we consider both cost and quality to decide what to buy at each.

Did you read the sign? I can do nothing but laugh at the slogan Amusement Food Holes For Better Live. I have no idea what it means. My wife always points out that, as long as there is English like this, there will be jobs for English teachers.

No comments: