Jun 4, 2013

Outdoor art class

 While waiting for the bus to take me to Mirikaroden, I noticed that the tree I was using for shade had a very interesting support. Many of the trees, particularly those along major roads, have extra supports. This area has many typhoons so they support the trees in the hope that they can prevent the roads from being blocked by fallen trees. The bus took me to Mirikaroden, where the teacher picked me up and drove me to the park where we would draw. The other students all met us there. Apparently I am the only one who does not have a car.
 This is the tree that I decided to draw in pencil. In the past I never tried to do finished drawings in pencil, using the medium only for underdrawings and for shading on pen and ink drawings.
 This is the teacher, working on a watercolor which he has placed on the ground.
 Here are some of the other students. I am the only student working in pencil. The others are using watercolors or oils.
 The park has many little green houses where they grow flowers. Since we were working on drawings, I did not have time to investigate the interiors.
This is a huge wisteria plant. We have already passed the time when it was in bloom but it must have been beautiful.

No comments: