Oct 13, 2009

Day 13 - More incredible scenery

In spite of being a bit down on the evening of Day 12, I was up and ready to go on Day 13. Again the meal, this time breakfast, was almost all fish, but there were eggs and lots of rice so I was happy. Also they served manbo, ocean sunfish, as a special settai for us Pilgrims. I decided to try it since it is extremely hard to find. I thought it tasted a bit like tough chicken. I actually ate all of the serving that I was given.

We started walking but Ian soon discovered that that he had forgotten his walking stick. I waited for him to go back and get it. While waiting, I took this picture that shows the lodge in the middle of the picture. It is the building with the pointed roof.
We continued walking and in the distance, on the outer edge of a point, we saw an interesting formation of vertical rocks. I took pictures as we approached it. I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.



No comments: