Oct 19, 2009

Day 13 - Still at Temple #24

This is the water spout where you wash your hands. I really liked this dragon. I believe that the reason for the dragon is that it will protect the water so that it will function properly to purify you.

The altar in the main hall was quite impressive, as are almost all of them. Usually you can not see much inside because of the darkness but the lights here allowed a pretty good view. I should point out that these are not just for show but that there are at least daily, and often more frequent, ceremonies in the hall. When Ian and I stopped for the night at a temple, the service was always held in the main hall.

The main hall from outside.
The two-storied pagoda that I showed you yesterday was very nice. As I said, I especially like the stone pagoda in front.

The construction of the roofs of the buildings is very complicated and pleasant to look at. You can see a little of it in this picture. Also notice that the room on the second floor is round.

No comments: