Oct 3, 2010

Dou'unji - Cave Cloud Temple 06


Trying to be politically correct, I turned right at the Porche dealer and found myself on a narrow road - just wide enough for two cars if they are careful when passing each other. The white roofed structure with the aqua walls is a used car dealer, maybe related to the Porche dealer. On the right side of the road there were a couple of metal working shops, which are hidden behind the trees. It was quite noisy with the combined din of the traffic on Route 4 and the metal working shops.However, when I reached the end of the concrete wall, in the picture you can see part of the last used car, I saw an open area and lots of green.
If you will look back at the last picture, you will see a wet spot that goes from one side of the road to the other. Looking over the fence on the right, I found a little stream. Somewhere under the road the stream must have gone over a waterfall because the sound of splashing water was extremely loud, loud enough to drown out the previous noise. As soon as I passed this point, it became quite and peace. I was in the temple grounds.
I followed the road for a few tens of meters and I could see that the narrow tree-lined entrance road opened out into a large field. However, before I reached the open area, I discovered a sign, the first part of my temple experience. It said Walking dogs is prohibited.

No comments: