Oct 8, 2010

Dou'unji - Cave Cloud Temple 09


As I turned around to leave the caves, I found myself looking across the parking lot at the wall of statues and what was now clearly a grave yard.I decided to continue the way I had begun - with the nearest hillside on my left. I crossed an open grassy area and then came to some trees. These were cherry trees and must be very pretty in the spring.
As I rounded the cherry trees a small pavilion came into view. It was surrounded by a Japanese style garden, rocks and plants all carefully placed.
Although it is getting late into the fall, there were still some flowers in bloom. The hillside here had again become a sheer rock cliff. I could see what appeared to be a small waterfall. It is in the middle of the top third of the picture, just between two long horizontal tree branches.

No comments: