Oct 30, 2010

Trip to Osaka 04


I turned into the campus and started looking for the location of the conference. I followed these to people for a ways, but they were going to some other event.I wandered through the campus. I tried to be systematic in my search pattern but the campus was large and complex. I met a number of people and asked about the conference but none of them knew. I did find this rather interesting clock tower.
Finally, I met a guard who pointed me in the right direction. I also met a woman who was going to attend the conference, too. She recognized me from the photo that they had used in the advertising. We found the large building that the guard had said was the location, but there was no one there. The door was unlocked so we went in and finally found a sign that said we were going to be in the basement. At the bottom of the stairs we discovered this very strange sculpture. The right hand end under the vertical portion had a human face. I could not figure out what the rest of it represented but it was impressive, sitting there in the landing.


No comments: