Apr 21, 2013

My first real walk - Renkyoji to a shrine

 Someone had left fresh flowers on the graves. As they die, they remind us of how short life is.
 I left the temple ground but at the sidewalk level there was another grave with fresh flowers. I should point out that these graves do not hold bodies, sometimes ashes but never bodies which are cremated.
 I found a sign for a shrine and a temple that were not shown on my map, so I decided to visit them.
This is a private home. It is really huge by Japanese standards.
I reached the shrine. The sign on the torii uses a kanji that means heaven, but has at least two readings, so this could be the Amajinja or the Tenjinja. The only way to find out for sure would be to ask someone local but I did not see anyone.
This is a large stone pool, I guess you would call it. In the middle, the small black dot in the end of a water pipe. During the summer they probably keep it full of water.

No comments: