Apr 15, 2013

Our apartment building

 One of the things that has been keeping me busy is building book shelves. Here are the parts of two of the shelves - one spread out a bit and the other as they were in the box. They are very well made and the various panels are held together with lots of long screws. We are gradually getting the apartment into some sort of shape and are spending less time each day organizing. However, once my desk arrives, I will have to put it together and then start organizing all my art supplies and remaining books.
This is the view from our front door. The house next door has a very nice garden and the roof of the garage is covered with bonsai. I have seen the man who lives there but I have yet to speak to him.
 This is my front door as seen from the stairwell.
 My apartment is up the stairs on the second floor, right at the head of the stairs. Our mail is delivered to the combination lock secured boxes beside the stairs.
 We live on the second floor in the right hand apartment. The parking space in front of the apartment, where a woman is cleaning, comes with our rent. We don't have a car but it is very convenient for guests. The woman is hired by the building owner to come and clean so we do not have to do it. I expected that we would have to clean on some sort of rotating basis with the other people in the building, but finding there was a cleaner was a pleasant surprise.
 This is the entrance to the building.
 Around the back is a parking area for bicycles and scooters. I do not think that we get either but my wife has mentioned the possibility.
The truck garden across the street is well cared for by this woman.

No comments: