Nov 12, 2009

Day 15 - Ever onward

We were in a built up area and the road we were on passed through a section where all the houses were old but carefully kept up. This lattice work was on the wall of one of the houses.
Just a bit further down the road we came to this fantastic looking home. It looked like something out of a movie about the last century.
The next building contained some small stores.
We left the town and reached the intersection where Ian and I were going to separate. This strange looking tree seemed to be pointing the way for me. I followed its lead and continued parallel to the shore. Ian took a side road that went off to the right, inland where he would go over a mountain. I would follow the road around to the left, skirting between the base of the mountain and the ocean.
I was enjoying my solo walk, the first since we started 15 days ago, when I came upon a row of rundown houses. But in the gardens which apparent to have neglected for a few years, I discovered some cherry trees in full bloom and some beautiful flowers. There seemed to be a deep Buddhistic lesson in the beauty surround by squalor.

No comments: