Nov 13, 2009

Day 15 - On alone

I walked along and the depressed area that I was in got worse. I noticed a truly dilapidated house and when into the yard where I took a picture of the interior. Another year or so that it would just be a pile of wood.


At the end of that housing area (although few of the houses appeared to be occupied) I came to a small industrial ares. Over the roof of one of the factories I had a good view of the mountain (the one in the distance) that Ian was crossing. Ian later told me that the three depressions, above and just to the left of the object on the right side of the roof, were really difficult. The were actually very steep, narrow valleys with small streams. The paths here were not well tended and were difficult to walk. After talking to Ian later that evening, I was sure that I had made the correct choice when I decided to walk along the shore.
After that I soon reached the beach again and walked along a sidewalk next to the sea. At one point I saw a pod of small whales or dolphins playing in the waves. I stopped and watched them for a while, finishing a bottle of sports drink that I had bought from a machine in the last town.
I was walking around the outside of a point, while Ian crossed over the mountain. The point farthest out into the ocean was also the highest point on my route. There was a torii and a small Shinto shrine there. It was getting near the time that Ian expected to meet me so rather than stopping I pushed on.

No comments: